Hospice Gives Hope
Hospice Life Care
Hospice Life Care is a not-for-profit community hospice that offers comprehensive and compassionate care to those in the final stages of life. Our primary goal is to provide patients and their families with the care and support they need while ensuring that their days are as comfortable and peaceful as possible.
Hospice Life Care recognizes that the dying process is a natural part of living and focuses on enhancing the quality of remaining life when cure is no longer available or desired. Hospice Life Care provides support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, addressing concerns, problems and emergencies. We take a holistic approach to pain and symptom management, addressing patients’ social, spiritual, and emotional needs, and always respecting their wishes.
Hospice Gives Hope
Every day is a gift and we value quality of life for every patient, every day.
Hospice Care is provided wherever our patients call home:
Your House or Apartment
Friend's or Relative's Home
Assisted Living Facilities
Long Term Care Settings/Nursing Homes
Who Should Consider Hospice?
- People with an estimated life expectancy of six months or less: if the disease runs its normal progression.
- Patients and families who have chosen care that focuses on symptom management and comfort rather than curative treatment.
- Patients and families in need of support and expert care and services to help ease them through the end-of-life journey.
- A patient, who is aware of the prognosis and consents to the goals of Hospice care, and the patient has a primary care physician who will work with the Hospice or delegate care to the Hospice Medical Director.
Signs & Symptoms
- Frequent hospitalizations
- Decrease in functional ability
- Progressive weight loss
- Recurrent infections
- Deteriorating mental status
Who Pays for Hospice Care?
- Hospice is covered under Medicare, Medicaid and many private insurance companies
- Coverage typically includes caregivers, medication and equipment related to the terminal diagnosis